Saturday, November 14, 2009

Pumpkins

Today I’m thankful for pumpkins. I love them! Today I had a pumpkin latte, made pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, burnt some pumpkin spice candles, Olivia had pumpkin for dinner and I watched a pumpkin roll down the drive way. Olivia and I went outside to play in the leaves and I dropped one of our pumpkins, which proceeded to roll all the way down the drive. Since I was carrying Olivia I couldn’t chase after it, but Jesse rescued it when he got home. I’m shocked that it didn’t get run over. Poor pumpkin.
Olivia and I went to Target today and I let her ride in the cart car seat free. I have a cart cover, which I don’t like very much because it doesn’t cover the entire seat. Olivia seemed a little unsure at first but then she loved looking around at everything. She didn’t try to grab anything off the shelves, but I’m sure that will happen soon enough.
Letting Olivia ride in the cart is a big step for me. As many of you know I have to talk about and think about things for a month before I’ll try it out. I’ve been talking about this for a while now. The next big step is using a convertible car seat. I know that Olivia is ready for the upgrade but I’m not ready to let go of the convenience of having a carrier. Even though it weighs a ton, it’s easier to go to the bank with her in a carrier than on my hip. I’m sure with practice I’ll be able to manage it. I see other moms do it all the time. My goal is to have her in the convertible car seat before Christmas…after a few more dry runs without the carrier.

On a cuter note, I went into Olivia’s room after her nap to find this.
It might be time to move her basket.

No comments: