Sunday, December 6, 2009

Our Weekend



Our weekend didn’t go as planned but it was productive. Jesse and Olivia weren’t feeling well Friday and both were in bed by 7:00 pm. So since I had a quiet evening to myself I decided to get a head start on baking Christmas cookies. A few years ago Martha Stewart published a special addition Christmas cookie magazine.

I use it every year to make my cookies. This weekend I made Chocolate-Espresso Snowcaps, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies and Chewy Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies. Yummy!!



Saturday morning they were both still under the weather so we canceled our plans and stayed home. I baked the rest of the cookies while Jesse and Olivia watched it snow. This is my fourth winter in PA and I still get giddy every time I see it snow. I love it! It snowed all day but unfortunately we only got an inch. Since Olivia was sick we didn’t let her play in the snow. I’m sure there will be many more snow days before spring. In fact this isn’t her first snow.


A week after Olivia was born we had a dusting. It was April! As much as I love the snow I can’t get over how long winter last. I’m ready to wear flip-flops in March but it’s always way to cold.

Olivia was up most of Saturday night coughing. Sometimes she would throw in a fake cough when I tried sneaking out of the room (she’s got a trained). At one point while I was rocking her and thought she had fallen back asleep she started blowing raspberries. It’s good to know that she’s still in good spirits even if it’s 3:00 am.

Today Jes and Liv are feeling better. Well until we watched the Steelers loose…again. Thankfully I made comfort food for dinner, Chicken Bog!



I didn’t take many pictures of Liv this weekend, because she’s a hot mess! But I couldn’t resist snapping one or two while she was eating carrot pieces at dinner. Notice her nose and checks are all red. Poor baby!


Now I’m off to address Christmas cards. I hope you had a great weekend!

No comments: