Friday, January 8, 2010

A New Year of Mini Goals

In the past I’ve always made a long list of New Year’s resolution and by January 15th I feel overwhelmed and forget all about them. So this year I’ve set some overall goals for myself. I want to be a better Christian, wife, mother, sister, daughter and friend. I want to lose weight, be healthier, live off of one income, learn how to spend as little money as possible on groceries and maybe even get pregnant. Those are some big goals. So I’ve decided that every week I’m going to focus on one or two mini goals.


Starting January 1st I gave up soda. More specifically carbonated beverages. Since having Olivia I’ve needed a constant stream of caffeine. At 7:00 am it’s generally easier for me to pour a glass of Pepsi than to make coffee. I do not like diet soda only the full sugar stuff so I had no choice but to give it up. I also love ginger ale, which I don’t consider soda but is still full of sugar so no more carbonated beverages. It has been very HARD. Some days I just crave Pepsi. I have a bottle of ginger ale in my fridge that whispers my name every time I open the door. But I’m proud to say for the past eight days I’m soda free. Instead I’ve started drinking more water, soy lattes and sweet tea (I’ll address that issue in the spring).

I’m going to start a new mini goal each Monday. So my mini goal for the week of January 4th is that I would pack my lunch everyday, except when I have scheduled lunch dates. It’s healthier and cheaper (I think). Morning is so hectic in my house that I never have time to pack lunch so during the day I usually pick up fast food or just starve. Neither is very good. My mornings are still very hectic but if I do some planning ahead the night before I leave the house with lunch. (Some of you know that this was not my original mini goal for the week, but that is going to take more planning before I can put it in place. I hope to do that one in the next few weeks).

I have a lot of goals that I want to achieve this year. I hope by focusing on one or two goals a week I can accomplish all that I want and not feel overwhelmed. Fingers crossed!

If you want to see other bloggers’ resolutions check out Kelly’s Korner.

1 comment:

Saimi said...

Angee, hope you don't mind me commentiong on your post but I found your blog through Leelou
blog layouts. You have some really great goals and your daughter is so cute. What I did to lose extra weight was to cut out the sugar. I didn't go crazy with some wild diet. I simply cut out everything that had sugar in it with the exception of good bread, which only had 3 grams. It's amazing, just by removing sugar, how good the results are and, it's rather simple and your not starving yourself. I only cut out the processed sugars, so things like fruits which have natural sugars, I didn't worry about. Give it a try, you'll be amazed at the results! Good luck!!