Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I Did It!


Tonight Olivia had a Skype call with her grandparents and Auntie Nichole. We had some technical difficulties but we were able to talk for a couple of minutes. Olivia is still unsure about the people in the computer talking to her.

Well I did it! YAY! After I put Olivia to bed I ran on the elliptical. It was only for 20 minutes, but a girl's gotta start somewhere. I loaded my iPod with my favorite podcast and ran my little heart out. Now the important thing is to do it again tomorrow!

So my other big goal for this week...to spend $50.00 a week in groceries (not counting diapers and formula). I'm very nervous about doing this. Right now we're spending close to $200.00 a week including diapers and formula. I know it's a crazy amount so that's why we're trying to reduce the bill (drastically). I've been doing a lot of research on how to get the best deals out there. I'd love any suggestions. I'm working on next week's menu and already stressing out. I'll let you know how it goes!

1 comment:

toad said...

$50 is a little crazy...but try it and see how it goes. i am a very thrifty shopper and the best advice i can give is COUPONS! i stock up on things that we always use when they are on sale. i had to stop doing set meal plans and go to making up the meal plan after i got home with whatever was on sale that week. if you have chicken, beef, etc in the freezer from when it was on sale, you will be able to plan ahead though. we buy our beef in bulf (1/4 of a cow per year), freeze what we can in the summer, and shop the sales. if i had time, i would love to go to different stores to get the best prices on everything...but i don't, so i shop as well as i can between giant and bbs. the things that run the bill up are the frech produce and the meats. (and diapers!) i want to hear all about it...so, keep us posted on how the budget runs!