Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Eve


New Year's Eve morning we woke up to 2-3 inches of snow. We were very surprised. I thought it was suppose to rain, not snow. I'm so happy we have snow again. I love fresh snow that covers the trees. It's so beautiful.

My parents headed home today. I'm so glad that got to spend time with Olivia. She loved playing and shopping with them. They won't be visiting again until her birthday but hopefully with the web cam Olivia will once a week.

Jesse took Olivia and I out on a New Year's Eve date. We went to our favorite restaurant, Caledonia Bistro. It's a quiet little place that just up the mountain from us. Since Olivia's bedtime is 7:00 pm we got there at 5:00 pm. It was so early that their parking lot had not been plowed yet! Dinner at 5:00 pm is very early but the restaurant was nice and quiet. I had the Crab Encrusted Salmon with mushroom risotto and Jesse had the Seafood Divola. So yummy!

Olivia had so much fun watching everyone. Unfortunately her back was to everyone so she had to keep turning around to see. Next time we need to make sure she's facing the dinning room. We had a wonderful time and hope to make this a New Year's Eve tradition.

After we got home and Olivia was asleep, Jesse and I snuggled up and watched movie. Then I went to bed...at 9:30 pm. Yep, I'm lame!

No comments: