Thursday, January 7, 2010

Nine Month Check-up

Last night as I was getting Liv ready for bed when I had a moment of panic.  I realized that the doctor office never called to confirm her appointment for the morning.  They were already closed and her appointment was at 8:00 am (when they open) so I couldn't call them.  I talked to a friend and she said that she's not gotten a confirmation call before and that I didn't have anything to worry about...but I did.  What if I wrote the wrong date down?  Since becoming a mom I've found myself to be very absent minded, forgetful, unorganized...shall I go on? 


So this morning Jesse and I got up, figured out our plan of attack, fist bumped and made it to the doctor office with five minutes to spare.  I was so relived when I gave the receptionist Liv's name and she didn't look at me like I had two heads.  While I was signing paperwork I overheard the woman next to me...she didn't have an appointment.  They informed her that her appointment was two days ago.  I felt so bad for her. 


Liv is 20 pounds 12 ounces and is 28.5 inches long! She in the 75-90%.  Her doctor said she looks perfect!  Liv's toe was pricked to test her blood for anemia (which she doesn't have).  The nurse put a huge band aid on her tiny little toe.  I tried taking a picture of it, but Liv discovered it first. 


After work I took Liv to get her nine month pictures done.  Last week my parents took Liv but she cried the entire time so they only got one picture.  Today she did much better.  The girl saved me the picture from last week.


It's so precious.  I love my Livie!

2 comments:

toad said...

i love that picture...it is so funny. she will love you for keeping that one when she is older! btw, i forget everything too...i guess it is a mom thing :)

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

Love the last pic...she is so cute!