Monday, March 1, 2010

8 Weeks

I've seen this on a lot of different blogs and thought it would be nice to do a week check-in. I did the same thing when I was pregnant with Olivia in a pregnancy journal.

How far along? 8 weeks

Maternity clothes?  Jeans. I can't believe how fast your body changes the second time around. I was 4 1/2 months preggo before I started wearing maternity clothes with Olivia. I'm already starting to feel my belly change. I'll probably be in maternity pants in a couple of weeks.

Sleep: I've been sleeping very good this week.

Best moment this week: I got to see the little pumpkin last Wednesday!

Symptoms:  I have horrible morning (all day) sickness. My doctor prescribed me promethazine today. I'm hoping it helps.

Food cravings:  I can't stand the sight or smell of food.

Gender:  I don't know. Research shows that if you have a lot of morning sickness it' a girl. But who really knows. 

What I miss:  Eating

What I am looking forward to:  The end of morning sickness.

Weekly Wisdom:  Birthday cake really doesn't smell that good.

So my theme for this week has been eating or the lack there of.  I had a lot of nausea with Olivia and some vomiting but nothing like this.  It has been very overwhelming this week for both me and Jesse.  He has taken over all the cooking and cleaning this week.  I'm so tired and stressed out about not keeping anything down and what I will do if I need to throw up in a store or client's house that I cried on the way home tonight.  I also worry about taking medication while pregnant and what side effects it might have on the baby.  But my biggest fear is ending up in the hospital with dehydration.  I know that this will pass and other women have morning sickness and survive and so will I.  On a plus side I have very clean teeth.
Despite the sickness we are so excited about the new baby! This week it is the size of a raspberry. October will be here before we know it!

No comments: