Monday, April 5, 2010

13 Weeks

How far along: 13 Weeks
Maternity clothes: Pants and now I'm starting to wear maternity shirts.
Sleep: Great. I'm sleeping through the night and still have energy during the day.
Best moment this week: Spending Easter with the family
Symptoms: I have a belly
Food cravings: Shrimp Po'boys. We made some Saturday night and they were yummy!
Gender: Unknown
What I miss: Nothing
What I am looking forward to: I have an appointment Friday. It'll be the first time we get to hear the baby's heartbeat. Then right after it Olivia has her one year check up.

I can't believe I'm four months pregnant and in my second trimester already. This week the baby is a sweet little peach and I feel great. I still have energy after Olivia goes to bed and actually get some housework done. My nausea is also under control (for now). Friday night I was very uncomfortable and woke up Saturday with a belly. I look like I'm six months pregnant. I knew that I would show early I just didn't think it would be this much or this quick. I guess I got some new maternity clothes just in time. ha!

When I was pregnant with Olivia I was so worried about...everything. But I had a very smooth and easy time. Now I don't worry much and hope that I'm not taking it for granted. I pray that I'm blessed with another easy pregnancy. However I am listed as a possible risk because this is my second pregnancy in less than 12 months. I think it's just a formality.

My sister-in-law, Amie had a difficult time with her first pregnancy. She had gestational diabetes, preeclampsia and ended up with an emergency c-section weeks before she was due. Now she's pregnant with her second child and has a c-section scheduled for May 12th. This time around things have been great. Her sugar is great and her blood pressure was under control until this weekend. She had headaches all weekend and went to the doctor. Amie's blood pressure was really high and she was admitted into the hospital. Which I know was her worst fear. The doctor has decided to delivery the baby tonight. I'm praying for Amie and Delaney's health and safety tonight. I know that they will have a difficult road ahead of them.

No comments: