Monday, May 3, 2010

17 Weeks


How far along: 17 Weeks
Sleep: The same as it’s been. I pass out at 10 pm and usually wake up around 4 am for an hour or so. Then I fall a sleep for 10 minutes and then Olivia wakes up.
Best moment this week: I got to hear the baby’s heart beat and I definitely felt it move.
Symptoms: Nothing
Food cravings: All things pineapple
Gender: Unknown, but I feel like it's a girl (I'm sure I'm wrong)
What I miss: Nothing
What I am looking forward to: My next OB appointment on May 7th. We also have our ultrasound scheduled for May 13th!

I’m feeling great. I’m in the happy comfortable stage of pregnancy. I’m still tired a lot but that’s from not sleeping well at night and chasing a 13 month old. I don’t know where she gets the energy. She’s like a mini tornado.

Friday I had a doctor appointment. I have an abnormality in my breast and was there for a follow up. My doctor is not concerned about it, but I’m having an ultrasound tomorrow to determine what the mass is. Anyway while I was there Dr. E went ahead and measured me and I got to hear the baby’s heartbeat. It was in the high 140s. The sweet thing sounded like a horse gallop. I was also given the orders for my anatomy scan so I scheduled it for May 13th. I’m very excited to find out the sex but I’m more excited about seeing the baby and making sure that the little pumpkin is growing like he/she should.

I’m not excited about my OB appointment this Friday. I have to have my first sugar test. Jesse keeps telling me to make sure I study. Ha! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Mama Feather said...

I'm awake at 4am too!!! So exciting that you've felt the little one kick/move!! Yay!!