Thursday, June 3, 2010

Project 52: Date Nights



I ran across Simply Modern Mom and her Project 52: Date Nights and knew it was something Jesse and I needed to do.  Jesse and I have been married for nine years and since Olivia was born the dynamic of our marriage has changed.  We (of course) are 100% focused on our little one.  Over the past 14 months we've forgotten how important it is for us to say connected and date each other.  Our last date was our anniversary in November (I can't remember the one before that).  So I printed out the contract and talked to Jesse about it.  He is totally on board and happily signed the contract.  We agreed to:



  • Our dates will be Saturday nights from 8:00 pm-10:30 pm.  
  • We rotate being in charge of date nights on a monthly basis.
  • Can’t do the same thing twice in one month.
  • No children allowed, if applicable
  • Must create a date-like atmosphere. No frumpy clothes or pajamas. Make it a special event. Mind the details. But most of all, keep it simple.
    I'm planning our dates for June and we're very excited to start the challenge.  Right now we're planning at least one date out of the house a month because we'll probably never the leave the house again one the pumpkin is born.  Each week I'll post about our date and link up to Simply Modern Mom for more date ideas.  Happy dating!!

    No comments: