Thursday, July 22, 2010

To Cloth or Not to Cloth

Before Olivia was born I did research on cloth diapers but in the end I was talked out of using them.  One of my biggest concerns was I’m a working mom and what child care provider would allow us to use cloth diapers?  Plus do I really want to do all that laundry when I get home from work instead of spending time with my daughter?  So in the end we used Pampers and I’ve regretted it ever since.  Olivia has been plagued with diaper rash after diaper rash.  One day it was so bad I stayed home from work so she could run around naked. 

So baby Emily is set to arrive in a couple of months and I’m considering cloth diapers again.  I’ve already talked to our sitter and she’s game for anything.  So why am I still so hesitant?  I’ve done a lot of reading about cloth diapers but I’m just not sure if I can handle it.  I find cloth diapers to be very confusing and don’t know where to begin.   So have any of you used cloth diapers?  I'd love any advice or tips that you might have about cloth diapers.  

No comments: