Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Babymoon: Part 1

Jesse and I had our babymoon this weekend.  For those of you that don't know what it is, it's a romantic getaway that parents take before the baby arrives.  Some people go to tropical resorts but we make ours an overnight trip.  For Olivia's babymoon we went to Philadelphia in the dead of winter to see a Metallic concert.  We had a great time even though it started snowing after the concert while we were trying to find a cab.
For Emily's babymoon we decided to go to DC and watch a National's game.  Jesse is a huge baseball fan and has been wanting to see the new stadium. Since July is Jesse's date month he planned the entire trip. So Saturday morning Grammy picked up Olivia and we headed to DC.

Now Jesse is very protective and worries a lot about Olivia.  Since this was our first overnight trip he wrote out Olivia's schedule for his mom.  Note at the bottom he reminds her not to allow her near chocking hazards, sharp objects and electricity.  Haha!!
We arrived around lunchtime and and checked into the hotel.  We stayed at one of Jesse's corporate hotels, Comfort Inn on 14th NW and M St.  The GM of the hotel set us up in a whirlpool suite but the AC wasn't working so we happily moved to another room.  This is my second time staying this hotel.  It's so small and cozy.  The elevator is super tiny and only five people can fit on it at a time.  How cute is that!
For lunch we walked a couple of blocks over to Logan Circle and ate at Thai Tantic.
It was a nice little restaurant with yummy food.  I of course got pad thai and Jesse got yellow curry.  I've had pad thai at many different restaurant and this was the healthiest tasting pad thai I've ever had.  Most the time it is very heavy and oily but this was light and refreshing.  Jesse loved his curry.  He also got a Thai beer that he said was very good.  I'm sure we'll eat there again next time we're in town.
After lunch we went back to the hotel to rest.  At first I was a little disappointed that Jesse didn't plan an activity for us before the game but as usual Jesse proved that he knows me better than I know myself.  I was happy to have some rest before we headed out to the game.  Sometimes I forget how slow I move these days.

1 comment:

toad said...

jesses schedule is so cute. i used to do that too...i think that all first time parents do! it gets easier to go away as they get older. and he does have to remember...his mom did ok with him! :)