Friday, August 27, 2010

Picture Frame Dry Erase Board

I have an overwhelming need to get organized (nesting).  I've been wanting to do an organizational wall and have a perfect spot in my kitchen for it.
The first project I did (with my mom's help) was to turn that picture into a dry erase board.  Ashely at Make It and Love It has a great tutorial on how to make a picture frame dry erase board.  It's a very easy project.  I found this great black and white material at Hobby Lobby and thought it would be perfect for the wall.  Here's my finished product. 
 It's so cute, but you can see the problem right?  You can't read what we wrote on the board.  I so I hot glued a sheer piece of white fabric over the black and white fabric.  Problem solved.  Now you can see the pretty fabric and read the board at the same time.  
Then I covered a dry erase pen with the fabric and used Velcro to attach the pen to the side of the picture frame.  Perfect! 
This was a super cheap project.  The only thing I had to buy was fabric.  Next up, a cork board. 

No comments: