Monday, September 27, 2010

38 Weeks

How Big is Baby: 6.8 pounds and 19 1/2 inches
Sleep: I'm sleeping but it's not restful sleep.
Best Moment of the Week: Prepping for Emily's arrival.  
Movement: Emily never stops moving and I love it! 
Symptoms: Swollen feet.  I can barely fit them into flip flops. 
Food Cravings: Chocolate 
Gender: Sweet baby girl  
What I'm looking forward to: Meeting our sweet Emily!

I can't believe I'm already 38 weeks.  Only one more week until Emily is born.  As excited as I am to meet her I'm a little sad that this is my last week.  We're not planning on having any more kids so this is it.  This week is the last time I'll feel a little one moving around, pushing on my bladder or kicking me in the rib.  As uncomfortable as I am I'm going to miss looking down and see a giant round belly.  I have been very fortune that God has blessed me with two healthy pregnancies after years of thinking it would never happen.  

Unfortunately my hopes of having a VBAC are quickly dwindling.  I still have an unfavorable cervix.  Same thing happened with Olivia.  Oh well, in the end it doesn't matter how I come to meet my little Emily.

I had every intention of taking a belly shot tonight when I got home but it has been raining all day and I looked like a drowned rat by the time I got home.  So instead enjoy this picture of Emily.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Is it possible that she looks like Olivia in the ultrasound photo? Those still amaze me!

Angee said...

I think Emily and Olivia will look a lot alike.