Sunday, September 26, 2010

Crockpot Creole Chicken


This is my absolute favorite crockpot recipe.  I make it all the time.  Thankfully Jesse and Olivia like it too.

1 pound chicken, cut into 1 inch cubes
8 ounces smoked sausage, diced
1 cup ham or 1 ham hock
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium green pepper, chopped
1-28 ounce can diced tomatoes
1-6 ounce can tomato paste
1 1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning (I use Tony Chachere)
few dashes of Tabasco sauce
2 cups instant rice

Add all ingredients except rice into crockpot.  Cook for 5-6 hours.  An hour before you serve it cut up the ham hock and put the meat back into the crockpot.  Add the rice and stir.  We serve it with corn bread muffins.  Yummy! I would eat this once a week if Jesse would let me.

Do you have a favorite crockpot meal?

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love putting chicken breasts in the crockpot with a stick(?) of cream cheese and a jar of salsa and then shredding it for enchiladas, tacos, or just eating it like that over rice. This recipe sounds great!

Angee said...

That sounds so yummy! It's now on my list of meals to cook. Thanks!

mel @ the larson lingo said...

This looks so good! I love creole seasoning. Can't wait to try this! Thanks for linking up! :)