Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Project 52: Date 14-16

So Jesse and I have managed to still have dates over the past few weeks.  I'm just a little behind on posting about them.

Date 14: The day before Emily was born Jesse and I had a lunch date.  We went to Aki, our local Japanese Steak House.  It was nice to get together in the middle of the day and just relax.  It was also a cold and rainy day so we had the place to ourselves.  We had a great lunch.  While we ate we talked about our hopes and dreams for the girls and how excited we were to meet little Emily.  It was a wonderful midday date.  It was nice that we were able to take time out to spend time together before our lives became a little busy.

Date 15: This date was actually complaints of the hospital.  The night after Emily was born Jesse and I were served a special "couples dinner" with sparkling grape juice.  We didn't get our special dinner with Olivia because I was on a liquid diet.  It was nice for Jesse and I to eat a meal together.  The last one we had together was our lunch date.  During dinner we talked about how lucky and blessed we are to have to beautiful daughters.

Date 16: Last week my parents were in town and offered to watch the girls so Jesse and I could go out on a date.  Unfortunately we were too tired to leave the house.  So one night after the girls went to bed we snuggled up and watched movie trailers.  We probably won't make it to the movies anytime soon but it was nice to see what is coming out this holiday season.  I'm very excited about the new Harry Potter, but Jesse hates Potter.  We both want to see 127 Hours.  It looks great and heart breaking.  I think this will be a date we do again.  It was a cheap movie night.  Next time we might have some popcorn too.
Project 52: Date Nights logo

No comments: