Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Brought to you by the Letter T

Since I've been home with Olivia I've tried to find meaningful activities for us to do instead of just random play.  After some googling I found some amazing homeschooling blogs.  They have some wonderful ideas.  Last week Olivia and I worked on some colors and shapes.  I was really surprised at how much she already knows.  So thanks to the help of Confessions of a Homeschooler,  1+1+1=1 and Oopsy Daisy.  I have a two week lesson plan in place for Olivia.

For the next two weeks we're going to focus on the letter: T, number: 4, color: orange and shape: triangle.  T stands for Thanksgiving and turkeys.

Yesterday we did a triangle collage
Had a T lunch- turkey, tomatoes, tangerine and toast
Wore orange (hence the Halloween shirt) and strung ziti on pipe cleaners.
We also made turkeys and played turkey games.  I so excited about all that Olivia is going to learn over the next two weeks!

On another note, it's been six weeks since this lovely lady joined our family! As you can see she's VERY loved!

No comments: