Friday, November 5, 2010

One Month


Dear Emily,

It's hard to believe that you're a month old.  It feels like you've always been a member of our family.  You are the sweetest little baby.  I love every inch of you.  As joyful as this past month has been it has also been difficult.  It has taken us a little longer to figure out your likes and dislikes.  You had a difficult time gaining weight after you were born.  It took you two weeks to get back to your birth weight.  For the first few weeks every night you would cry and scream for a couple of hours.  You've got a good set of lungs on you.  When you get upset you get very worked up and it's very hard for Daddy and I to calm you down.  Now before you get worked up you and I have a routine that helps you stay calm (most the time).  You no longer cry every night but often there are nights when you just don't sleep.  Every night this week around 6:00 pm you wake up and don't go back to sleep until midnight.  So we're working on that.

Despite the sleepless nights I wouldn't change anything.  I've loved all of your challenges and every minute we've spent together.  You have the biggest blue eyes.  When you're awake you love to just look around.  I love to hear you coo early in the morning when you're the happiest.  You're so strong.  When you're upright you can hold your head steady.  You don't mind tummy time.  In fact you usually fall asleep.  I think you'll be a tummy sleeper like me. You absolutely hate to be swaddled so we've stopped trying.  You love taking a bath and snuggling.  I love our snuggle time and could do it forever.  You never complain when Olivia is giving you the 100th kiss or pat of the day.  I think you'll be best friends forever.

Your Daddy and I love and adore you.  We're so happy you are part of our family and we are so proud to be your parents.  God has truly blessed us! Happy one month my love!

1 comment:

toad said...

she is sooo cute! they are each their own little person. we found that too...what worked for one, didn't necessairly work for the next! she sounds like a sweetie!