Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Joy of Love {what they do}

First off I can't believe it's February! January flew by.  Anyway two years ago Jesse bought me a Power Shot SX110.  It's a great camera but I never really learned how to use it.  I've tried reading the manual but my eyes glaze over.  Since I decided to do Project 365 this year, I also started reading some photography blogs.  Now I understand what ISO means and I discovered that I can do manual focus and continuous shots.  Who know my little point and shoot could do that.  I still have ton to learn, but think hope I'm taking better pictures.

I joined a month long mini photography class called The Joy of Love.  Each day we receive an email assignment.  Today was "what they do".  I took a picture of Emily doing what she does best, chewing on her fingers.
On a separate note we're iced in today.  So since I couldn't take Olivia out in the snow I brought it inside.  She loved it!
After she was done scooping we decided to use watercolors to paint the snow.   
We'll definitely be doing this again.  She had fun in the snow and I stayed warm. Win win!

2 comments:

Abra said...

that is a great idea-to join some photography classes that challenge you. i want to get better at picture taking too!

and adding food coloring to snow- perfect! all of our snow has pretty much melted, but now we are ICED down.

Sarah said...

That is a great idea. If we get anymore snow I will have to do this.