Thursday, February 10, 2011

{no} sippy

Today Olivia was very insistent on drinking out of a cup. Not her sippy.  I know that it's a natural progression but I'm not sure I'm we're ready to give up the sippy because it's so messy.  But that's what toddlerhood is all about right?
So today she practiced taking tiny sips of water out of a cup.
She drank and drank, until she was soaking wet.  
So even though we had a mess she was very proud of herself and so was I.  
Project 52: Glimpse Into Motherhood 

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I know what you mean. I make Dustyn still have a sippy because it is so messy.

Jenny said...

it's always so bittersweet to see our children reach the different milestones as they grow up... she is adorable drinking out of a "big girl cup".

Gretchen said...

She's so cute! How old is she? My 20 month old has a regular cup at meal times sometimes (started that a couple months ago), but I also prefer the sippy when out of the high chair. . . it IS less mess!

Kristi said...

Hi there! Visiting from Project 52! What a cute post this is. My daughter turned 2 in October and she's still not allowed to use a regular cup. She does just fine, but is so careless, I'm always cleaning up her messes! And that kid is MESSY!! Your daughter is adorable! I loved your pictures!

Nice to meet you!