Friday, March 11, 2011

{homemade} taco seasoning


I can't remember the last time I bought a packet of taco seasoning.  I usually just throw some spices in with the meat and hope for the best.  After Jesse complained that there wasn't enough seasoning I did some research and found a combination he approved.

4 Tbsp chili powder
3 Tbsp  plus 1 tsp paprika
3 Tbsp cumin
1 Tbsp plus 1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper

I put all my ingredients in a mason jar and gave it a shake.  I keep it in my spice cabinet until I need it.

When you're ready to use it add two tablespoons of seasoning to every one pound of cooked meat.  Add a cup of water and simmer until the liquid is almost gone. 

1 comment:

Jen said...

it seems like I'm always out of taco seasoning when I go to make tacos! thanks for sharing this recipe with Made From Scratch Tuesday!