Tuesday, March 15, 2011

{Itlaian} meatballs

A couple of weeks ago I made meatballs to freeze.  I made three dinners worth of meatballs for spaghetti.  I was so easy to double my meatball recipe and just make extra.  I’ll definitely do it again.  Yes, I only doubled the recipe but got three meals out of it.  I made small meatballs so no one will no the difference (unless they read this).


Italian Meatballs

I’ve been making these for years and at this point don’t really have a recipe or measurements (don’t you love that).  I just throw everything together until it looks good.  So here’s my “made up” recipe. 

1 pound ground beef
½ pound Italian sausage
½ cup Italian bread crumbs
2 eggs
¼ cup parmesan cheese
½ onion, minced
Garlic, minced (as much or little as you want)
Salt and pepper to taste

(I remember the original recipe called for bread soaked in milk and then grated.  I just substituted it for bread crumbs.  I found grating milk soaked bread to be too complicated)

Mix everything together and form meatballs.  You can make them any size you want.  The size of mine depends on how much time I have to get dinner cooked. 

Place the meatballs on a jelly roll pan.  I put mine on aluminum foil so I don’t have to scrub the pan afterwards.  I also spray the foil with Pam so the meatballs won’t stick. 

Bake for 30-35 minutes at 400.  Once they’re done you can either add them to a sauce or freeze them (once they’ve cooled).  This recipe makes about 26 small meatballs. 


Linking to It's a Keeper

2 comments:

Abra said...

ohhh, thanks for sharing the recipe. those look amazing! and i'm always looking for good freezer meals!

Christina @ It's a Keeper said...

Wow! This looks amazing! Thanks for linking up to the It's a Keeper Thursday blog hop! Be sure to come back next week and link something new!

Christina @ It's a Keeper
http://www.everydaytastes.com/
http://twitter.com/itsakeeperblog
http://www.facebook.com/ItsAKeeper