Monday, June 27, 2011

Cake {in a jar}

I found Babble and their cakes in a jar a couple of weeks ago and fell in love. It's perfect for entertaining. I love baking cakes but suck at decorating them. Plus transportation is always an issue. Putting cake in a jar... brilliant. Who cares if the cake is lopsided or the frosting is uneven.
Since the 4th is around the corner, I decided to make red, white and blue cake jars. It was so easy to make.
Just a quick tip, make sure you pay attention to cap of the food color bottle. I didn't and made yellow cake batter.  Oops. I had to use my entire bottle of red to get rid of the orange hue. Also I little bit of icing goes a long way.  Jesse requested that next time the jars either have more cake or less icing. Done.

I can't wait to try out different cake jars. Have you ever tried cake in a jar?

Linking to Live made Lovely, Sugar and Dots, Someday Crafts, Delicate Construction, Nap Time Crafters, Pity Party

6 comments:

Lish said...

Ooooh yummy!! Such a fantastic idea!! I found you over on Life Made Lovely and thought I'd stop by :)

katie said...

Love how these look. I'm sure they taste pretty amazing too!

Wendy said...

Mmmm, that looks yummy!

Sarah said...

Very cool. I want to try it.

Sondra said...

I love this presentation idea. So cute and fun!

Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers said...

This is such a cool idea! And it looks yummy too!