Sunday, June 12, 2011

{early} Father's Day

This weekend we celebrated Father's Day. Yeah, you read that right. When I planned our SC trip I didn't realize that the girls and I would be gone for Father's Day. Actually I realized five minutes after I booked our flight. Oops. I keep teasing Jesse that his Father's Day gift is having the house to himself for 10 days. So we spent the weekend doing what Jesse loves most, hanging out in our backyard.

For Father's Day the girls got Jesse a new grill plate. In the spring and summer Jesse cooks 85% of our meals on the grill so we thought he could use a new plate. He loves it!
I took the girls to a paint pottery store back in April. I wanted to do their hand prints but foot prints were so much easier. Olivia also painted Jesse a mug for his office. Now he can think of her every time he drinks his coffee.
Olivia also got a new pool this weekend. We had it up when she got home from her lunch date with Grammy. When she saw it she yelled "pool" and started clapping. She's a funny girl. They played in it for hours.
It was a Father's Day weekend full of laughter and sunshine. 
I hope you had a great weekend too!

No comments: