Monday, July 18, 2011

fabric {iron on} letters

When I was working on Emily's room I knew that I wanted her name on the wall but didn't want to use wooden letters. They're expensive and I really didn't feel like decorating them {hey, I was preggo and it was hot}. Instead I decided to use fabric letters.  I used my leftover material from the no sew crib skirt. All I did was iron Heat n' Bond on the fabric, cut out the letters and ironed them to the wall. Super easy and didn't cost an arm and a leg. Got the idea here.

Skip to My LouSomeday CraftsSugar and Dots, Delicate Construction, Naptime CraftersThirty Handmade DaysTell Me Tuesday, Just Something I Whipped Up

9 comments:

Jami Nato said...

i sm OBSESSED with heat and bond!

Amy said...

Oooh i love that idea. I keep seeing letters like this i love them. What font did you use. They are really cute. I bet you could do them and put them in a cute frame too. That would be a sweet wedding gift.... Hmmm thanks for the inspiration...

Ashley said...

how fun!! :) thanks for linkin to Tell me Tuesday!
you rock:)
xoxo
ash

Marie Photographie said...

Wow, I've never heard of ironing fabric onto a wall in my life! What a genius idea. I might have to try that out!

Notes She Wrote

Sophia said...

Great idea! I would have never thought of ironing fabric onto the wall! :)

sedromomma said...

Wonderful Idea! I wonder how easily does it come off and does it wreck the paint?

Jamie said...

What a cute idea. I would love for you to stop by http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/ on Monday to link up your letters and any other projects you would like to share.

BakingMama said...

Great idea! And really cute too...
I'm a new follower, it would be great if you came and took a look at my blog and clicked the follow button too!
Nicole @www.thebakingmom.blogspot.com

Q @ JAQS said...

I love fabric ANYTHING. Great job on it and totally good idea going with fabric.

I'm hosting a Fabric Giveaway - 12 FAT quarters over at my blog. Swing by when you get a chance :) - http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2011/07/fabric-love-19-fats-and-fabric-giveaway.html.

-Q