Tuesday, July 19, 2011

{pasta} Salad

I LOVE easy summer salads. We eat grilled chicken and veggies a lot and pasta salad is a great addition. It's also a family favorite at cookouts. My Sister-in-law doesn't eat mayo so we always made sure this yummy salad is on hand. It make a good amount which is great because I think it's better the second day.

1 box pasta (I usually use tricolor rotini or shells)
1 cup diced green or red peppers
1 small can black olives, drained
1 cup ham, diced
1/2 cup pepperoni, diced (or you can use mini pepperoni)
1/2 cup salomi, diced
2 cups Italian cheese
2-14.5 oz of diced tomatoes
3/4 cup red wine vinegar
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon basil
1/2 teaspoon parsley
pepper, to taste

Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse in cold water and drain. Now for the easy part, mix everything together and enjoy. If you want a little kick add some pepperoncini.

Do you have a favorite pasta salad recipe?

Mess Hall to Bistro, It's a Keeper

1 comment:

Marie Photographie said...

I've been meaning to make pasta salad for weeks now. I think I've just been waiting for summer to arrive up her in Washington. We've had rain, 60-degree weather, and more rain! I think I'll give it a whirl anyway. Thanks for the recipe!

Notes She Wrote