Monday, August 1, 2011

Fair {fun}

Saturday we went to the fair. Olivia was beside herself with excitement. She got to talk to and pet goats, bunnies, sheep, cows, horses and pigs. Although the pigs scared her a little. They scared me too when I realized there was poop on one. Yuck. I'm so not a country girl.
Jesse showed off his mad hoop skills and won Olivia a ball.
There was too much excitement for little Emily. Doesn't she look like she's melting? Bless her heart.
Olivia rode the carousel with her Grammy. It was the only ride she rode because after a minute on the horse she announced that she was done. Maybe next year she'll be ready to ride more rides.

We all had great time even though it was a thousand degrees out. Do you go to your local fair?

Jesse had a three day weekend so today has felt like Sunday all over again. I'd say we have a short week but Jesse has to work Saturday so it's going to be a long one. Thank goodness for our second Sunday. 

On our agenda this week:
  • Finish up our August menu and do my shopping for the month.
  • Have a couple of play dates.
  • Emily is going to be 10 months old on Friday {kinda a big deal}
  • Start reorganizing our basement. I bruised my toe down there yesterday because I chair jumped out at me {pretty rude if you ask me}. The chair is now at the curb. 
  • Dust off the sewing machine {even if I don't use it}.
What's on your agenda this week? Happy Monday! 

1 comment:

amy@agoodlife said...

we always go to our state fair, although we didn't last year when parker was just a few months. but i'm excited to show him all the animals this year... i LOVE the fair! (and um, the fair food :)

looks like you guys had a good time!