Wednesday, August 3, 2011

{homemade} Pizza

source
I've been making homemade pizza for years but recently started making my own crust. I love it! It's such an easy recipe that I've memorized all the ingredients. Not only does it smell and taste fresh but it's also very hearty. I'm usually full after one piece.

Crust: adapted from Tammy's recipes
1 cup of warm water
1 teaspoon sugar
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
2 1/2 cups flour
1 Tablespoon yeast
1 Tablespoon cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon salt

I just toss everything into my mixer and turn it on. Once it's mixed I use my dough hook to knead the dough for 6-8 minutes, or until it's smooth and elastic. Set dough in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with a towel and let it rise in a warm place for 45 minutes. I use the microwave. After the dough has risen, punch the dough and knead until the air bubbles are gone.

Butter a 16-inch pizza pan and press the dough into the pan.Once the dough is rolled out, lift one half of the crust and fold over. Sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon of cornmeal over the pan. Lay crust back on the pan and repeat on the other side. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon salt over top of the crust then add one cup of your sauce. Add toppings and cheese.

Bake pizza at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Then rotate pizza and cook for another 10 minutes.

Last night we had ham, pepperoncini and tomatoes {fresh from the garden} pizza . So yummy! Do you make your own pizza? Do you have a favorite pizza recipe?



Linking to It's a KeeperFrom Scratch Tuesday

3 comments:

Lish said...

We LOOVE pizza in our house!I've never attempted homemade dough though...we usually get plain crust from the grocery store and then add our own toppings!

Sharlene T. said...

Hello from It's A Keeper Thursday! This looks like something even I could do, and will definitely try it! Thanks for sharing. Come visit when you can.

Katie @ This Chick Cooks said...

I love that picture. We also enjoy homemade pizza and have it pretty much every week. I wanted to invite you over to show off your pizza recipe at These Chicks Cooked Recipe spotlight that takes place every week. Hope to see you there and have a blessed day, Angee!
Katie