Tuesday, September 13, 2011

{first} dress

I love having two girls. They can be a bit dramatic, but they are so much fun. When I found out I was having a girl I fell in love the with idea of making her dresses. Fast forward 31+ months and I finally made my first dress. Yay!  I followed this 10 minute onesie dress tutorial. It took me two evenings, three YouTube videos {basting stitch} and a couple of texts to my mom but, I finally got it done. Don't get to close though because there are some major flaws, but Emily looks pretty darn cute. I learned a lot from this little dress. I'm looking forward to making more dresses and perfecting my techniques.

 If you know of any sewing blogs or sites that are helpful to sewing newbies I'd love to hear about them.

Linking to:  Sugar and Dots, Delicate Construction, Naptime CraftersThirty Handmade Days, Someday Crafts

4 comments:

Kara said...

Someday very very soon I am going to have my mother teach me how to sew. I would love to be able to make some of the littles' clothes. Job well done.

Nelly said...

I've recently taken up sewing myself which is probably why I haven't updated my blog all summer! :-P A few blogs I've discovered:

Craftiness is not Optional (check out her kids tutorials)
http://www.craftinessisnotoptional.com/

Shwin & Shwin
http://shwinandshwin.blogspot.com/

Sew Mama Sew (check out the sewing tutorials)
http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/

Elle Belles Bows said...

Never mind on my last comment! Found it! Haha!

ADORE!

My Mom is coming this weekend and she sews. So, I may try to get her to make one!

I just bought that material to make a bow for E, but no where near enough for a dress.

Kerri

Elle Belles Bows said...

PS- You should open a shop!! GOOD for you tackling sewing!!!