Monday, September 19, 2011

This n' that {and a little more}

Yesterday was my sweet MIL's birthday. Here she is with Olivia as they head out for their weekly lunch and shopping date. Olivia loves her dates.
Saturday we went to the Franklin Fall Farm Fun Fest {say that three times}. Olivia was over the moon excited that she was going to a farm. The girl loves animals. Bonus they gave out free ice cream and milk. I love fall festivals. We're going to a  festival/pumpkin patch/ farm event for the next four weekends. LOVE IT! {That cow was totally giving us the evil eye}.
On the way home we found these in someone's side yard. You never know what we're going to find driving down a country road. Olivia was scared of the animals and didn't want to touch them.
Emily has discovered that she can move the canopy on her car seat and now loves to play with it. She is quickly out growing her infant seat. We have her new car seat but I'm not sure I'm ready to give up her portable seat. Right now I can just throw her seat in the back of the shopping cart and have Liv sit up front. I don't know if I can handle two kids loose in a shopping cart.
I won this adorable wrislet in a giveaway over at Sunny Vanilla. Isn't it cute? You should definitely check her out. Jennifer has some great craft tutorials. I love her napkin rings from milk cartons. Genius!
Jesse found Olivia sleep walking this weekend. Saturday night he was in the living room watching tv and when he looked up he saw Olivia standing in the doorway. He asked her what she was doing but she didn't say anything.  She just stood there staring at him. So he told her to go back to bed and she turned around and went back to the bedroom. He said after he helped her get into the bed she curled up, closed her eyes and went to sleep. I'm a little freaked out about it. I'm worried about her safety in the middle of the night if she's just wandering around. Also it's a little creepy. Hopefully it was just a freak one time event. On a funny note this is how she fell asleep last night {phone pic}.
I can't believe fall tv returns today! I didn't watch any tv this summer. I'm looking forward to some tv dates with Jesse. My favorite shows: The Good Wife, Castle, Glee, Bones, The Office and Modern Family. I'm also excited about Sarah Michelle Gellar's new show {I love Buffy}. Jesse is excited about the X Factor. What do you watch?
Photo Gallery: Familiar TV Faces: My, How You've Grown!
What's on our agenda this week?
1. Enjoy this cool fall weather with lots of trips to the park and some pumpkin ice cream.
2. Olivia and I are continuing with apples this week. I'm hoping to find sometime for us to make applesauce.
3. I hope to finish designing the printables for Emily's party, make some tissue pom poms and buy fabric for the girls party dresses.

What are you up to this week?

Linking up with miscellany monday.

6 comments:

laughwithusblog said...

Oh how fun! I can't wait to take my kids to some Fall activities. Texas hasn't acknowledged Fall yet! :)

Chic Homeschool Mama said...

I love them all- but that one of her sleeping with the sunglasses on is TOO CUTE!!!

Sunny Vanilla said...

Thanks for the shout out Angee! I'm so glad you like your wristlet. Love your pics...wish it was jeans and long sleeve shirts where I live.

Hershey's Moma {amy} said...

2 kids loose in a shopping cart is hard. Agree!
We have one that sleep walks. Creepy. Yep. Thankfully Daddy is a night owl and [mostly] does the walking back to bed. Our 14 year old did it and has since grown out of it so I'm counting on that for our middle one too!
I'm wanting to bake something this week. Something with pumpkin or apple. Yum.

carissa said...

i love apple season!! the pumpkin ice cream sounds superb. such cute pictures here! and i'm waiting anxiously for the return of the office!

Elle Belles Bows said...

O looks so sweet! Love all the pics and adore that she goes out with your MIL for dates! What a wonderful Grandma!!

No doubt on saying that farm fest three times fast!! It sounds like the perfect thing to do this time of year!!

I am looking forward to PanAm starting as a new show and I guess Grey's would be my old fave, but I was growing a bit bored of it last season.

Excited to see you party pics!

Kerri