Monday, November 28, 2011

Eleven

Our Babymoon last summer
Eleven years ago today Jesse and I got married. We don't have a wedding photo to show you because we eloped and despite what he thinks I wouldn't have it any other way.

In our eleven years we've lived in two different cities in two different states. We've had two cats {three if you count the cat we cat-sat for three years} and grieved the loss of one. We've lived in two apartments and bought a house. We've seen Pearl Jam three times. We drove to Florida to see the Steelers play. We've gone to the movies twice only to have theater malfunctions. We've been to three amusement parks and five zoos. We've had five baseball game dates. I beat him every time we play Uno and 221b Baker St. He always beats me at Trivial Pursuit. We've taken countless road trips and have hundreds of inside jokes. We've survived four hurricanes together. We've eaten Pad Thai at every Thai restaurant in every town we've visited. We've celebrated and welcomed new family members and friends. We've grieved the loss of family members and friends.

He loves the way I talk with my hands and I love that he paces when he talks on the phone. He loves that I say "get down" with a long southern drawl and I love that he can name every song. I love how much commercials drive him crazy and that he always saves his egg roll for me. We love to spend our {summer} Friday nights sitting in the backyard, drinking a cold beer and just talking.

He's been my best friend and love for over thirteen years. We've had rough patches but we've worked through them. We're in it for life.

I love the way he makes me laugh {good hearty from the soul laugh}. I love that he gets me and knows when I'm full of shit.
Emily's birthday
I love that we chose to live this life together. I love the two girls we created. I love how the girls light up when they see him. I love how excited he is to see them. I love that he works hard to provide for us.

I love him!

4 comments:

Anna@Directions Not Included said...

What a sweet post. Happy anniversary!!! Many you be blessed with many more!

Grumplestilskin said...

Happy anniversary! Here's to many more happy years.

Hershey's Moma {amy} said...

Angee this is a beautiful tribute to your husband and marriage. :) Happy Anniversary- With it sharing my birthday I'll never forget the date... ;)

Michele said...

You guys are an awesome couple! I really enjoyed reading this. One day your girls will appreciate this (but first they'll have to get through the phase where they aren't totally grossed out that their parents love each other, ha!). Happy Anniversary!