Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Snowtober

We had our first snow storm of the season over the weekend. We got five inches of heavy wet snow. Unfortunately the trees still have leaves and the snow weighed them down. We have five big oak and maple trees on our property so we had a lot of down limbs. Thankfully none of the fell on the house or cars.
We lost power around noon. As soon as we did I brought a mattress, blankets, pillows and a box of books into the living room so the girls and I could camp out {Jesse was working}. When Jesse got home he built a fire and we moved the mattress in front of it. Then we had a picnic and prepared for an evening by the fire. Thankfully our power came back on a little after 6 pm. We were very lucky.
As much as I love snow, this storm made me realize I'm not ready for winter. I'm hoping we don't get anymore snow until Christmas.

2 comments:

Lish said...

Wow... I can't say that I'm jealous...LOL...I'm not a huge snow fan, unless I'm in my pjs by the fire with a huge cup of hot chocolate, just like your last photo!!!

Hershey's Moma {amy} said...

Wow. You really got snow. Look at that!