Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas Book {day 10}

Gingerbread Baby
Our tenth book was Gingerbread Baby by Jan Brett. It's cute book about a Gingerbread Baby that doesn't want to get eaten.

We did a couple of gingerbread activities. Since Gingerbread Baby got a gingerbread house we decided to make our own gingerbread house. I took the simple route and bought a kit. It was super easy and a lot of fun. Olivia loved decorating and eating the candy. Although she wanted to put her gingerbread baby in the house like the book. Maybe next year.
We also made gingerbread play dough. Olivia has become my kitchen helper lately. I measure while she dumps and stirs. I love the smell of the play dough. It almost makes me want to eat it...almost.
Olivia also made her own gingerbread man on Starfall. The game teaches you shapes and colors. I taught her how to use the mouse and she loves doing the slide shows and playing the games "all by myself".

You can see our entire Christmas book list here.

No comments: