Thursday, January 26, 2012

Random Things

I seem to be in a blogging rut. Lately I've started tons of post but then decide to read instead. I've got a great housekeeping and tot school schedule, now I just need to work the blog into it.

Speaking of reading, I read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo in three days {this weekend}. Such a great book. I can't wait to read the other two.

I'm amazed at how easy the girls have been lately. Jesse was at a corporate retreat today and didn't get home until after bedtime. In the past that would've sent me into a panic, but tonight was easy peasy. The girls were in great moods and asleep by 7. Score one for mama.

All of these need their own post but I can't believe that Olivia is almost three, she now sleeps her own bed {yay!} and Emily is walking {double yay!}.

I'm trying to embrace my naturally wavy hair. I haven't straightened it all week. Unfortunately there is a fine lie between wavy hair and a frizz mess. I'm usually a frizz mess.

If mud puddle jumping were a sport Olivia would be a champion. She gets so excited when it rains. I make sure we walk slowly in the rain so she can jump in the puddles. I've learned that life is happier when I say yes.

I recently read Money Saving Mom's new book. I'm very excited about implementing some of her techniques. Especially getting rid of clutter and using a cash system for groceries {eeck}.

They say it takes 21 days to form a habit, so I'm giving myself 30 days. 30 days of working out. I'm on day five. Nothing fancy. Just making sure I get up and move. I've realized I'll succeed if I just take it one day at a time.

Once I finish this I'm going to start reading Sarah's Key. I love starting new books. The excitement and anticipation of loosing myself in a new story.

And because I think posts without photos are boring here's one of the girls from New Year's Day.
Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

No comments: