Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fat Tuesday

Today is Fat Tuesday and we celebrated in style. We had a couple of friends over to make Mardi Gras masks and pasta necklace.
I colored the pasta by mixing a tablespoon of vinegar, a couple of drops of food coloring and dry pasta in a glass bowl. Then let the pasta dry on wax paper. 
We also had King cake {minus the baby}. I made it with a can of cinnamon rolls. I unrolled the dough, braided four strands together, braided the other four strains together, shaped the braids into a ring and pinched the ends together. After it baked {according to package directions} I decorated it with colored frosting and white sprinkles. The kids loved it! Olivia only wanted purple pieces. 
So tell me did you celebrate Fat Tuesday? Are you giving anything up for Lent? 

3 comments:

Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more said...

so cute!

Michele said...

How fun!!!

amyhersheyskisses said...

Of course, only the purple ones. Too cute.
We celebrated with an apple pie and said we were all going to give up sugar. Wouldn't you know my middle son and I are craving sugar big time today and I've been scrolling through Pinterest looking for a recipe that might help us through this!! Sigh.