Monday, September 10, 2012

Ten on Ten {September 2012}

Ten on Ten: One photo, every hour, for ten hours on the 10th of every month. 

Summer is officially over for Olivia. She's no longer napping and goes to bed early which results in her waking up at 6 am on.the.dot.every.morning. Thankfully once I give her milk, a project and toons she lets me sleep a little longer. Which is a blessing since Emily has been up a half a dozen times every night this past week.
We had pumpkin pancakes this morning. I totally cheated and just added pumpkin puree to my boxed pancake mix. They were yummy.
It's sock season! Woohoo!! Socks make my heart happy. It's been in the low 70's the past two days and it's just delightful.
We had a playdate this morning with Christopher and his sweet mama, Jen. Olivia was disappointed that a girl didn't come over and play with her today. We're going through an "I don't like boys" phase.
Since I had leftover pumpkin and I made pumpkin spice syrup for my coffee. So yummy! The recipe made a pint, so hopefully it'll last me a couple of weeks.
B is for ballerina. Olivia was ecstatic to find out we're doing ballerina worksheets this week.
We used up the last of the pumpkin to bake some pumpkin snickerdoodles.
Our fall craft for today was an apple tree. You can see our daily #fallartproject on Instagram. I'm Angeoctobermorning if you want to follow along.
The girls discovered a new use for couch cushions. Never a dull moment. Emily has also discovered that she doesn't like wearing pants.
The pumpkin snickerdoodle cookies were a hit. Next time I'm going to try them with less sugar and whole wheat flour.
How was your tenth? I hope you had a great one! Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

We had a lot of fun visiting/playing with you and your girls :) Glad you shared the pumpkin snickerdoodle recipe, I was looking forward to hearing how it was!

Mandy said...

Hello! I smiled when I saw the socks, because I just told my husband I am wearing socks for the first time today in about 4 months! ;) Happy Monday!

Angel said...

What a fun day! And thank you for the pumpkin syrup link- will be making that for sure! Looking forward to sock weather too :)

Erika said...

That syrup looks delish! I'll have to try it! Your girlies are adorable!