Thursday, October 25, 2012

Freezer Meal Exchange Guidelines

When I decided to start a freezer meal exchange group I knew we needed to have some general group guidelines. We use a private Facebook page for our group discussions and sign up. This is what works for our group.

* Freezer meal exchange takes place on the first of every month.
* Anyone that wants to participate in the exchange must sign up with the name of your dish by the 10th of each month. Example: To participate in the exchange on November 1st the sign up deadline is October 10th. 
* Everyone will bring an extra meal each month to donate as a ministry meal. Each month the group will choose a new family to bless.
*Each main dish should feed 4-6 people.
*Each main dish, based on regular prices, should cost between $8-10. When buying ingredients for your dish feel free to use coupons, sales and buy in bulk. If your main dish, based on regular prices, is under $8 please provide an additional item at the exchange (bread, cookies, muffins, etc).
*Each dish should be labeled with the name of the meal and how to prepare it. You can write on the meal with a permanent marker or use a label. You should also provide a printed copy of the recipe with each meal.
*Meals should be frozen flat for better storage. They can be frozen in a freezer bag or disposable pan.
*On the day of the exchange, bring your frozen main dishes in a cooler.
*If you cannot attend the actual exchange but still want to participate, make arrangements with the host to drop off your meals ahead of time. You will need to pick up your meals within 24 hours of the exchange.


Our next exchange is November 1st and I'm very excited about the menu. This month their of ten of us participating. Now I just need to find time this weekend to prepare my meals.

Come back next week to see the exchange and get some more recipes.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you please relocate to south central Texas?!? This is a wonderful idea!!!

deb said...

I would love 2 do this ,wish I knew 8 people that enjoy cooking

The Mom I Want To Be said...

What a great idea! I'm going to suggest to our monthly Bunco group that we do this :) I can't wait to see some of the recipes!

Anonymous said...

Hey just wanted to give you a quick heads up.
The text in your post seem to be running off the screen in Internet explorer.
I'm not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with internet browser compatibility but I thought I'd post to let you know.
The design and style look great though! Hope you get the problem
solved soon. Many thanks
My web-site ; 1.6

andrea chiu said...

Health is one of the many aspect in our life that we should take good care because if we are sick , we became useless and unimportant. We loose hope and everything became stagnant. Visit my site for more information. Thanks.

triciajoy.com

www.triciajoy.com

Silvia Jacinto said...

I really love your blog there's a lot to share. Keep it up.Visit my site too.

n8fan.net

www.n8fan.net