Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Tuesday 10 {Holiday Movies}

Today I'm co-hosting Tuesday 10 with the dynamic Lena from Lena B, Actually. This week's prompt is favorite holiday movies. This is only a prompt. Any and all list are welcome.
LenaBActually

Warning: This list is not a family friendly list. ;) Here are my favorite adult holiday movies, in no particular order.


Die Hard- Nothing says holiday cheer more than John McClane saving his wife from terrorists during a Christmas party. 
Gremlins- I'm putting a Mogwai on my Christmas list. I could follow the rules. 
Love Actually- I love movies with lots of storylines that come together in the end. It such a feel good movie. 
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation- The lights, the tree blowing up, the moose mug. Hilarious!
Elf- Elf is another hilarious Christmas movie. "I just like to smile. Smiling's my favorite". 
Trading Places- What could go wrong when a broker and street hustler change places? So so much! 
Edward Scissorhands- Who doesn't love Johnny Depp in this beautiful yet heartbreaking love story? Swoon!
Bad Santa- I love the kid!
Christmas with the Kranks- This movie is very cheesy but I watch it every.single.time it's on tv.
Lethal Weapon- Murtaugh and Riggs had an unlucky Christmas. I love the chemistry between the two.
Interesting facts:  Five of these movies are from the 80's.  I guess you can tell what I grew up watching.  Also Jamie Lee Curtis is on the list twice.  Did you notice that A Christmas Story is missing?  I have to be honest, I don't like the movie.  I watch it every year because hubs loves it, but me not so much.

What's your favorite adult Christmas movie?

6 comments:

Jo said...

I love your list! I also have movies that I watch without the kids :) Hey Christmas is for adults also

Veronica and Daniel said...

I've seen a Christmas Story and I dont really think it is that funny...I do think Elf if funny! I am going to have to put Bad Santa on my list to watch this year - I've never seen it but the title keeps popping up recently. Great 10 on Tuesday idea :)

Jill said...

I love Christmas movies, but apparently there's so many I'm missing out on - I've never seen National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation or Christmas with the Kranks...and last year, I tried watching A Christmas Story but I got bored and switched to something else! lol

Lena B, Actually said...

Gremlins TERRIFIED me as a child! lol I don't think I've ever made it through the whole movie!
Thanks for being such a great co-host today!! ♥

Amanda Cobb said...

Totally with you on watching Die Hard at Christmastime! I don't even care that it's not really a holiday movie.

I don't like The Christmas Story, either.

ramsaygrace said...

Awww....I loved those little mogwai things too....I remember being so sad that they ended up getting hurt. I was all like, "but it wasn't their fault!" I'm thinking I was probably a weird little kid, lol. Enjoyed the post!