Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Crockpot Lasagna Soup

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

I love soup.  On a cold winter day there is nothing better than hearty soup to warm you up.  At least once a week we'll have tomato soup {with goldfish} and grilled cheese.  The girls love it and it reminds me of my childhood.

Since we can't eat tomato soup every night for dinner, I've been trying new soup recipes this winter.  Thanks to Pinterest, I came across a recipe for Lasagna Soup and gave it a try.

I love lasagna but I find it to be a little labor intensive.  Plus Jesse always complains that it is too runny.  So why not make the ultimate runny lasagna. 

I've made this recipe a few times, but made a few changes and turned it into a crockpot recipe.  Now the complicated lasagna is easy peasy. 




Lasagna Soup 
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound ground turkey
1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1-32 ounces beef broth
1-15 ounces can tomato sauce
1-14.5 ounces can petite diced tomatoes
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
8 broken lasagna noodles
½ cup chopped fresh basil
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese` 

Directions

Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large nonstick skillet.  Add the turkey, onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the turkey browned, 8 – 10 minutes. 

Add  turkey, broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, salt, and crushed red pepper to the crock pot.  Cook on high for four hours or on low for six to eight hours.  The last 45 minutes add the noodles.  Before serving, stir in mozzarella, basil, and the Parmesan. 

Enjoy! 



1 comment:

mel @ the larson lingo said...

YES. This looks AMAZING. I love anything in a crockpot, especially soup!! Thanks for linking up Angee!