Thursday, May 16, 2013

Happy Yellow Door

Thanks to Pinterest I've started having a love affair with yellow doors. They are just so bright and cheerful. Since our backdoor/porch needed some cheering up, I decided yellow was the perfect color. And I was right. It's perfect.
When I decided to paint my door, I read a lot of blog tutorials and felt a bit overwhelmed. In the end I just used my instincts and painted the door. The door was already painted with latex paint so I didn't have to do much prep work. 

I'm also in love with the wreath I made for the door. The hardest part was deciding which fabric to use. I was inspired by this wreath
Later this summer I'm going to paint our front door, red. Or maybe orange. What color is your door painted? 

Details:
Paint- Golden Yellow by Valspar
Hello sign- Say Hello Shop

2 comments:

Willene Fagen said...

I can't help but smile after seeing your front door. I don't know, but maybe the color simply brightens up my mood. It was just last year that I became gamey in choosing color for my front door. I painted it lavender. I didn't find it amusing at first, but I started loving it a few days after. :)

Roofing and More, Inc.

Roselia Mangione said...

Pinterest is one site that one should visit when he wants to see awesome home improvements ideas like this. You see, you were able to come up with your own! Your yellow door looks fantastic. I'm sure your readers were inspired to give their doors a makeover too after seeing it. It was really dandy!

Roselia Mangione @ All County Exteriors