Thursday, June 13, 2013

Crib turned Porch Daybed

I cannot tell you how happy I am to have this daybed complete. It's been over a year since I decided to do it and I don't know what took me so long.  

I followed these suggestions and sawed about 9 inches off the legs. We also added a piece of plywood under the mattress to reinforce the seat so adults could sleep sit on the daybed. Instead of making a cover for the mattress, I decided to use a crib sheet. Thank you, Target.
The daybed is in our sunroom and it is the perfect place to curl up with a book. The girls love playing on it, and I'm sure there will be a few naps on it this summer. All we need is a few more pillows.

Linking to Nest of Posies

1 comment:

Crystal Ponti said...

Simply elegant! Visiting from the All Things Summer link up! Feel free to also link this one up at our Ladies Only Blog Share Link Party. Our theme this week is Red, White & BBQ! This fits nicely. :)

http://mommifried.com/ladies-only-blog-share-link-party-red-white-bbq/