Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers;
A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked;
If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
Where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?
Our garden is producing a lot of peppers this year, so I decided to make some sweet pickled peppers. We love them on salads, sandwiches and pizza.
1/2 pound banana pepper, sliced into rings
2 cups white vinegar
2/3 cup white sugar*
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/2 teaspoon celery seed
2 garlic cloves, sliced
1. Sterilize 2- 1/2 pint jars.
2. Bring the vinegar, sugar, mustard seed and celery seed to a rolling boil.
3. Place peppers in the 1/2 pint jars.
4. Pour on the hot pickling juice and bring liquid to within 1/2" of the top. Be sure the edge of the jar has no juice on it.
5. Place lids and screw on bands finger-tip tight.
6. Seal jar and leave in fridge for one week.
*less sweet- 1/3 cup white sugar
After a week enjoy your sweet pickled peppers.