Monday, August 19, 2013

Miscellany Monday

1. I can't believe I've been gone for a week.  I have lots of fun projects to share with you later this week.  Plus an update on freezer group.
2. We had a house guest again this weekend.  The girls have loved their time playing and snuggling with the dog.  I have to admit having a dog around isn't too bad.  Maybe the girls will get a puppy one of these days.
 3. I am trying to be more intentional about shopping with the girls.  I usually just throw them in the cart and zip through the store.  But now I'm giving them a shopping list so they can have an active role in the store.  Side note- I.can.not.draw.
4. If I wasn't looking at a calendar I would think it was October.  Yesterday, I found myself looking for a sweater and jeans to wear.  August has been so mild I have a feeling September is going to be a scorcher.
5. This girl and I went shopping for a first day of school dress. There is no doubt that she knows what she likes and will not compromise.  I know that will serve her well in life.
6. I have another big shop update.  I now have these fun banners available.  They are perfect for a celebration or wall decor.  I have the HELLO banner hanging on my mantle and the READ banner hanging above the girls reading nook in their playroom.  The banners will also make great photo props.


lowercase letters

2 comments:

Kelsea said...

Gotta love back to school festivities! Happy Monday!

Simply Domestic said...

I love your "intentional" shopping with your girls. What a sweet mom you are to take the time to do that! I love your "hello" banner! I can't wait to check out your shop.